Last Updated on July 17, 2023 by homeguide
As a woodworker, you know how important it is to protect your health while pursuing your passion. With the continuous exposure to sawdust, wood particles, and other toxic substances in the workshop, it is crucial to have the best air filtration system for wood shop to prevent lung damage.
This is why I want to share my experiences with the best air filtration systems for wood shops. After testing several options in my home wood shop, I can confidently say that these 6 filtration systems are highly effective in providing clean and healthy air for woodworkers.
6 Best Air Filtration Systems for Wood Shop Reviews
1. JET AFS-1000B Air Filtration System
- Comes with a remote control
- Its brand is JET
- It comes with 3 speeds; 550, 702, and 1044 CFM so you can choose an ideal one
- Comes with outer and inner filters for filtering large to small particles
- The outer and inner filters can be cleaned
- It has built-in timer settings and a shut-off feature
- Inside, it has a powerful motor and fan
- Comes with handles for portability
- This air cleaner can be hung from the shop ceiling
- Sound Level: 69 dB
- Comes with 5 year’s warranty
- Product Dimensions: 30.25 x 24.13 x 12.13 inches
I recently had the opportunity to use the JET AFS-1000B Air Filtration System at my home woodshop and was happy with its performance. The product comes with a remote control, making it convenient to operate.
Jet Air Filtration System Filters are Well-Known for their Good Performance
The JET brand has a solid reputation for quality products and this air filtration system is no exception.
The product comes with an outer filter for filtering large particles and an inner filter for filtering small particles, ensuring clean air in the shop. The handles make it easy to move the unit around and the option to hang it from the shop ceiling saves valuable floor space.
In my experience using the JET AFS-1000B, I was struck by how well it filtered the air in my woodworking shop. I was able to work in a cleaner, healthier environment without being disturbed by the sound of the filtration system.
- The option to hang the small workshop air filtration system from the shop ceiling is a great space-saving feature.
- The sound level of 69 dB is relatively quiet, making it suitable for use in a variety of settings.
- The product dimensions of 30.25 x 24.13 x 12.13 inches make it compact and easy to store when not in use.
- The JET AFS-1000B is a reliable and efficient air filtration system.
- I didn’t experience any problems when testing this air cleaner
2. Denwenny 360-degree Intake Filtration System Woodworking Shop
- It features a 360-degree air intake design
- It has a strong Vortex fan
- This product has 2 speeds; 1050 and 1350 CFM
- Comes with a remote with timer settings
- Noise rating – 60 to 69 dB
- It has a MERV-11 filter that filters large and small particles
- Features a shut-off feature
- Cover rooms up to – 1400 sq ft
- It comes with hooks for easier hanging on the ceiling
- Its dimensions are; 20.5” L x 20.5” W x 9.8” H
The Denwenny 360-degree Intake Filtration System is another great product designed for use in woodworking shops
Filters Air in All Directions
With its 360-degree air intake design, it provides superior coverage, effectively filtering dust and debris from all directions. The system features a strong Vortex fan which generates a high volume of airflow, providing quick and efficient removal of pollutants from the air.
Comes with Various Speeds
This product comes with two-speed settings; 1050 and 1350 CFM, which allows for customization based on the specific needs of the user.
The 1050 CFM setting is perfect for lighter dust control needs, while the 1350 CFM setting is ideal for more demanding applications where a higher level of airflow is required.
Has a Low Noise Rating
The Denwenny 360-degree Intake Filtration System has a noise rating of 60 to 69 dB, which is relatively low compared to other systems on the market. This makes it ideal for use in shops where noise levels are a concern, such as residential workshops.
Has a Shutoff Feature
The Denwenny 360-degree Intake Filtration System also features a shut-off feature, which allows for the system to be turned off when it is not in use. This helps to conserve energy and prolong the life of the system.
- The air cleaner comes with a remote allowing for easy operation and control from a distance.
- The noise rating of 60 to 69 dB is relatively low, making it ideal for use in any type of environment
- The air cleaning system for home is also capable of covering rooms up to 1400 sq ft, making it ideal for use in larger shops or workshops.
- Another useful feature of this system is its MERV-11 filter, which is capable of filtering both large and small particles. This makes it ideal for use in shops where airborne particles such as sawdust, wood chips, and other debris are present.
3. WEN 3410 3-Speed Remote-Controlled Air Filtration System
- Its brand is WEN
- This Portable air filtration system for woodshop comes with 3 speeds; 300/350/400 CFM
- It has a noise rating of 50 to 60 dB
- Use its remote control to change the speed, put it on, and set time
- Has hooks for easy installation
- Has a 5-micron pre-filter and a 1-micron filter
- Cover rooms up to 400 sq ft
- This air filter for a woodworking shop has a lightweight design
- The filters can be cleaned
- Has a timer and shut-off feature
- Its Dimensions are 17” L x 20.5” W x 10” H
I bought the WEN 3410 3 System to test if it lives up to its claim of being one of the best air filtration system for wood shops. The brand WEN is known for its high-quality products and this air filtration system lives up to its reputation.
Comes with Various Speeds
One of the features that I appreciated about this product was the 3-speed options; 300/350/400 CFM. This allowed me to adjust the speed according to my needs and the size of the room.
The 5-micron pre-filter and 1-micron filter work together to trap even the smallest of particles, ensuring a clean and healthy working environment. The air filtration system can cover rooms up to 400 sq ft, making it ideal for my small woodworking shop.
It is Easy to Maintain
Another advantage of the WEN 3410 is that the filters can be cleaned, which helps in reducing the cost of maintenance. The timer and shut-off feature are also convenient and make it easy to control the operation of the system.
- The portable air filtration system for woodshop has hooks for easy installation, so you can place it in your woodshop with minimal hassle.
- The system also comes equipped with a 5-micron pre-filter and a 1-micron filter. These filters work together to trap large and small particles from the air, leaving it clean and pure.
- The lightweight design of this air scrubber for home makes it easy to move around your woodshop, so you can direct the airflow where you need it most.
- The filters are also easily cleaned, ensuring that your system continues to provide clean air for your woodshop for a long time
- It is loud on the high setting but not on other settings
4. Abestorm Air Filtrations System
- Its brand is Abestorm
- This top-rated woodshop air filtration system has a built-in timer with a shut-off feature
- Can be used in a home woodshop, garage, or any workshop
- It features 3 speeds; 350/450/500 CFM
- Can be remote-controlled plus has a panel touch operation
- Has 2 filters; an outer filter that captures 98% of 5-micron particles and an inner Ionizer filter that removes odors and fine dust
- Product Dimensions : 17″D x 20.7″W x 11″H
Has a Dual-Filter System
One of the best features of this air filtration system is its dual-filter system. The outer filter captures 98% of 5-micron particles, while the inner ionizer helps to eliminate odors and fine dust.
This combination of filters provides comprehensive protection against airborne particles and pollutants, ensuring a clean and healthy environment.
Small Workshop Air Filtration System
This air scrubber for home has a compact size of 17″D x 20.7″ W x 11″H, making it easy to fit in any workshop.
Whether you are looking for a way to improve the air quality in your workshop or you simply want a reliable air filtration system, the Abestorm Air Filtration System is a great choice.
- The Abestorm Air Filtration System is built to last, with high-quality materials and construction
- It can be remotely controlled or operated using the touch panel, which makes it easy to use.
- With its 3-speed control options of 350/450/500 CFM, you can easily adjust the airflow to suit your needs.
- With a built-in timer and shut-off feature, it offers convenience and ease of use
- The brand Abestorm is known for producing high-quality air filtration systems, and this product is no exception
5. Purisystems 3-Speed Remote Air Filtration System
- Its brand is PURISYSTEMS
- This best air filtration system for workshops has 3-stage speeds, 650/850/1100 CFM
- It has a built-in timer with a shut-off feature
- Can be used for a woodshop, garage, and metal workshop
- It has a remote control
- Has 2 filters for large and small particles
- Product Dimensions: 24.6″D x 20.1″W x 10.6″H
- Item Weight: 39.2 Pounds
I also purchased the Purisystems 3-Speed Remote Air Filtration System for my woodworking shop to test its performance.
Has a Good Performance
I had a lot of dust buildup on my tools and surfaces, before using it but this has become a thing of the past. The unit effectively captures even the smallest particles, leaving my workshop clean and fresh.
It has been running constantly in my workshop for several months now and I have not had any issues with it. The hanging design is also a major plus as it allows me to free up floor space and keep the unit out of the way while I am working.
Can be controlled from a Distance
One of the top features of this product is the remote control, which allows me to adjust the speed and turn the unit on or off from across the room.
The 3-speed option gives me the flexibility to adjust the filtration speed depending on the project I am working on, ensuring I have the right level of airflow to keep my workshop clean and free of dust and debris.
Has a Dual-Filter System
The two filters that come with this air filtration for woodshop; one for large and small particles, ensure that the air in your workshop is free from dust, debris, and other harmful particles. These filters can be replaced and maintained, making it simple to keep your air clean and fresh.
- With its sleek design, the PURISYSTEMS 3-Speed Remote Air Filtration System not only cleans air, but it also adds a touch of sophistication to any workspace.
- The two filters, one for large and one for small particles, work together to provide clean air by removing dust, debris, and other particles.
- The filters are easy to replace and maintain, ensuring the longevity of the unit.
- The remote control feature makes it convenient and easy to operate, as you can control the speed of the unit without leaving your work area.
- Its high-speed setting is loud
6. Abestorm S3 Air Scrubber with 3-Stage Filtration System
- This is a commercial industrial HEPA air purifier
- Its brand is Abestorm
- It has a 3-Stage Filtration System with a pre-filter for large particles, true HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter for odors, pollen, smoke, dust, etc.
- It is small but with 550CFM airflow, it can be used in big rooms plus small ones
- Can be used in salons, home repairs, workshops, wood shops, construction sites, sewage repair, printing shops, etc.
- It has variable speed control and comes with a HEPA Filter Change light
- The control method is touch
- It comes with 10 year’s warranty
- This dust filtration system for home has a daisy chain capability
This Is a Commercial Industrial HEPA Air Purifier
One of the best features that I loved about the Abestorm S3 Air Scrubber is its high airflow rate of 550 CFM, which allows it to clean the air in large spaces quickly and effectively.
Has a Daisy Chain Capability
It also comes with a daisy-chain GFCI duplex, which makes it easy to connect multiple units together to achieve even greater air-cleaning power.
This feature is particularly useful in large commercial or industrial settings where multiple air scrubbers may be required to clean the air effectively.
It is Versatile
Its versatility is further enhanced by its ability to be used in various environments, including salons, workshops, printing shops, construction sites, and more. This makes it a great investment for businesses that require clean and safe indoor air quality.
- This air scrubber features a three-stage filtration system that includes a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter, which work together to remove a wide range of pollutants from the air, including allergens, dust, smoke, and odors.
- The unit comes with a 10-year warranty, which is a testament to the manufacturer’s confidence in the product’s quality and reliability.
- The HEPA Filter Change light provides a convenient reminder when it is time to replace the filter.
- Additionally, the daisy chain capability allows multiple units to be connected, providing even greater coverage and protection.
- No problems
Best Air Filtration System for Wood Shop Guide
How to Buy the Best Air Filtration System for air filters for Wood Shop
Air filtration is a crucial aspect of woodworking that helps to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. The presence of dust and other harmful particles can cause a variety of respiratory issues and other health problems for woodworkers.
Hence, it is essential to invest in a high-quality air filtration system for your woodshop. Here are some key factors to consider when buying the best air filtration system for your woodshop.
Filters both the Large and Small Particles
A good air filtration system should be able to effectively filter both large and small particles, including sawdust, wood chips, and other airborne debris. This ensures that the air in your woodshop remains free of harmful particles, reducing the risk of respiratory problems.
Air filtration systems come with different speed settings, which allow you to adjust the speed of the fan to match your needs. High-speed settings are ideal for woodworking tasks that generate a lot of dust, while low-speed settings can be used during quiet periods or when working with smaller tools.
High Suction Power
High suction power is essential to effectively capture dust and other particles. The suction power of an air filtration system is determined by the quality of the fan and the motor. A system with a powerful fan and motor will have a higher suction power, making it more effective at removing dust from the air.
Size of the Air Filtration System for Woodworking Shop
The size of the air filtration unit will depend on the size of your woodshop. A larger woodshop will require a larger unit, while a smaller woodshop can do with a smaller one. It is important to choose a unit that is appropriately sized for your needs to ensure effective air filtration.
The remote control system is another crucial feature. This allows you to control the air filtration system from a distance, making it easier to operate and adjust as needed.
With a remote control system, you won’t have to constantly get up from your work to make adjustments, freeing up more time to focus on your projects.
Air Filtration Companies
Another important factor to consider is the brand. There are many different brands of air filtration systems available on the market, and it’s important to choose one that is known for quality and reliability.
Some of the top brands in this category include Jet, WEN, and Abestorm so be sure to consider these options when making your purchase.
Built-In Timer Settings of Air Filters for Wood Shops
Built-in timer settings and shut-off features are also important to consider. With these features, you can set the air filtration system to turn on and off at specific times, so you don’t have to worry about manually turning it on and off.
This not only saves time but also helps to conserve energy and reduce your operating costs.
Handles for portability and hanging hooks are also important considerations. If you need to move your air filtration system around your woodshop, handles make it easier to carry.
Hanging hooks, on the other hand, allow you to hang the air filtration system from the ceiling, freeing up floor space and making it more accessible when you need it.
Regular maintenance is an important aspect of air filtration. The filters in the air cleaner will need to be cleaned or replaced on a regular basis to maintain their effectiveness. Choose a unit with easily accessible filters for easy maintenance.
Investing in a high-quality air filtration system is essential for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment in your woodshop.
By considering the factors discussed above, you can choose an air cleaning system for your home that is both effective and efficient, providing you with the clean and safe air you need to work comfortably and effectively.
What Company Makes the Best Air Purifier?
The best air purifier company is subjective and can vary based on personal needs and preferences.
However, Abestorm is known for producing high-quality air purifiers with exceptional features. Some of the standout features of Abestorm air purifiers include advanced filtration systems, variable speed control, and user-friendly design.
Their purifiers also have a reputation for being energy-efficient and quiet. Additionally, the company offers excellent customer support and a comprehensive warranty for its products, which adds to its overall appeal. In conclusion, if you are looking for a reliable and feature-packed air purifier, Abestorm is a great option to consider.
How to Make a Homemade Air Filtration for Shop
Making homemade air filtration is one of the ways to improve air quality by removing harmful particles like sawdust, dirt, and dust in the air for your woodworking shop.
You will need a Fan
The first step in making a homemade air filtration system for a shop is to purchase a fan. A fan with a high CFM (cubic feet per minute) rating will help to effectively circulate air and filter out particles.
Next, purchase filters that are rated MERV 13 or higher. These filters are specifically designed to trap the smallest particles, including sawdust and dust. Once the filters are obtained, it’s time to build a filter box.
This box will be holding the filters. To make the filter box, use materials like wood, cardboard, or plastic, depending on the desired level of durability.
Cut the Material to Size
Cut the material to size, and build a frame to hold the filters in place. Attach the fan to one side of the box and leave a space where clean air will be coming out. Once the box is complete, turn on the fan and monitor the air quality to ensure the filters are working effectively.
In conclusion, making a homemade air filtration system is a cost-effective way to improve the air quality in a shop. By using a fan, high-quality filters, and a filter box, shop owners can create a safe and healthy working environment that is free of harmful particles.
Disadvantages of Shop Air Filtration System DIY
Can Be Less Effective
There are several disadvantages to DIY shop air filtration systems. First of all, these systems may not be as effective as professional installations, as the filters may not be of the highest quality, and the systems may not be installed correctly.
Secondly, DIY systems can be expensive and time-consuming to make and install, especially for those without prior experience.
Thirdly, without proper maintenance and upkeep, the system may become clogged and stop functioning properly. In conclusion, while DIY air filtration systems may seem like a cost-effective solution, they can actually be less effective, more time-consuming, and require more maintenance compared to professional installations.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of the Best Air Filtration System for wood shop
Regularly Clean the Air Filters
In order to get the most out of your air cleaning system for home, it’s important to follow a few tips. First and foremost, it’s important to clean and maintain the filters in your air filtration system.
This will ensure that they are working efficiently and effectively removing impurities from the air. Filters can become clogged over time with dust, dirt, and other particles, reducing their ability to remove contaminants. Regular cleaning will help prolong the life of the filters and keep the air clean.
Place an Air Filter near the Source of Dust
Another important tip is to place the air filter near the source of sawdust if present. This will help to capture sawdust and other particles before they have a chance to spread throughout the room.
The closer the air filter is to the source of sawdust, the more effective it will be in removing these particles from the air.
Check and Replace the Filters
It’s also important to regularly check and replace the filters in your air filtration system. Depending on the type of filter, they may need to be replaced every few months to ensure that they are working at maximum efficiency.
You can consult the manufacturer’s instructions or consult a professional to determine the best replacement schedule for your specific air filtration system.
Choose a Powerful Air Cleaner
Pick a powerful air filtration system that is capable of removing all the harmful pollutants from your indoor air.
Look for air filtration systems that are powerful and are equipped with several filters. These types of systems are highly effective in removing large and tiny particles like dust, pollen, pet dander, and mold spores from your indoor air.
Hang the Air Cleaning System for the Home in a Good Place
Once you have chosen the right air filtration system, it is important to hang it in a location where there is no obstruction of air. This will ensure that the system is able to circulate the air in your home effectively.
Avoid placing the air filtration system near walls or furniture as this will restrict the flow of air. If possible, place it in the center of your room so that it can circulate the air in all directions.
By following these simple tips, you can get the most out of your air cleaning system for your home and keep the air in your home or office fresh and clean.